Thursday, January 9, 2014

Pulp Fiction written by Quentin Tarantino

I have always been a big fan of Quentin Tarantino movies. I was originally introduced to his movies when my Dad showed me Pulp Fiction when I was eleven years old.  Since then, I have seen Reservoir Dogs, Inglorious Basterds,  and most recently Django Unchained. Through this repertoire of great movies, Tarantino has become one of my favorite writer-directors of film. Tarantino often uses non-linear plot formation and an impressive soundtrack in which each song is tailored for the scene it plays in. He is extremely passionate about his job and feels that it his obligation as the screenwriter and director that all of the interactions in his movies are perfectly real. He refuses to use any euphemisms in order to not offend the audience. His use of the 'n' word in the Django Unchained sparked some controversy in the African American community but at large most people agreed that his use of the word was literal history rather than offensive.

1 comment:

  1. I think Tarantino can make people feel uncomfortable while watching his films better than anyone. Next time you watch, pay attention to some of the filmmaking techniques he uses to build this tension.

    ReplyDelete